Re: Trying `Wine'

Owen Heisler wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 15:53 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
>> Owen Heisler wrote:
>>> Surely there are better suggestions than that.  Crossover is commercial!
>>> $40
>> People who install Debian also using commercial s/w?
>> Oh, the horror!  Quick, call RMS!!!!
> ;)  I figure that someone who is using Linux and doesn't want to use
> Windows would like to steer clear of most commercial software until all
> open-source alternatives have been eliminated.

$ apt-cache show vrms
Package: vrms
 The vrms program will analyze the set of currently-installed
packages on a
 Debian GNU/Linux system, and report all of the packages from the
 tree which are currently installed.
 Future versions of vrms will include an option to also display text
 the public writings of RMS and others that explain why use of each
of the
 installed non-free packages might cause moral issues for some in
the Free
 Software community.  This functionality is not yet included.
Tag: suite::debian, use::checking, works-with::software:package

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Is "common sense" really valid?