linux-image-2.6.15-1-686 - hotplug

Hello,

I'm glad I've bumped into this Nabble website to browse all kinds of Debian
forums.

I'm a fairly new Debian user -- moved from Libranet to Ubuntu and now to
Debian. I have a PII.

I made a minimal install of Sarge (Fluxbox and only the software I need) and
I've upgraded to Etch, I think, mostly.

I see I can upgrade to  kernel 2.6.15-1 without recompiling  it (I will some
time for the fun of it...).

However the command apt-get install linux-image-2.6.15-1-686 shows hotplug
will be uninstalled.

Dose that mean my USB storage devices won't work anymore? I have a USB Zip
drive and a small USB key - - actually  the silly Zip drive refuses to mount
(sda4 isn't good enough for it!, but that's a different problem).

Should I go ahead and install a new version of hotplug afterwards or another
package?

Many thanks for your help!

lakili

Sent from the Debian User forum at Nabble.com.