Re: apt-cdrom on iso mount

> > I now have this in my /etc/apt/sources.list:
> >
> > deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 r2 _Sarge_ - Official i386 Binary-1
(20060419)]/ unstable contrib main
> > [...]
> > Media Change: Please insert the disc labeled
> >  'Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 r2 _Sarge_ - Official i386 Binary-1 (20060419)'
> > in the drive '/cdrom/' and press enter
> >
> > And there's the problem -- why does it want to use /cdrom/ when I told
> > it the cdrom mount point was /mnt/deb_iso1?
> > [...]
>
> Use file:// rather than cdrom: for archives on disk. When
> apt-get sees a cdrom: source, it naturally thinks that it's a
> real CD-ROM device.

Yup ;-)
Here's what my file left me with after using the 1st Sarge CDROM (3.1rc1 at
that time). But; I have it (actually) commented out (a '#' prefixed to that
line), since I told the installer to no longer look there anymore.

~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list

deb file:///cdrom/ sarge main

[...]

the above would be for Sarge - you may want to add 'contrib' and 'nonfree' to
the end (not sure).
Ex;
deb file:///cdrom/ sarge main contrib non-free

Review 'man apt-cdrom'

Regards