Re: apt-cdrom on iso mount

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:46:39 +1200
Nick Wright <nick@lsd.net.nz> wrote:

> Anyways, any further comments on this would be appreciated -- I'm
> prolly just gonna copy off all the .debs and throw away the .iso

Hmm. I seem to be having what may be a related problem: Originally
(around November last year) I had downloaded the first dvd of Debian
Etch from snapshots, via jigdo. I used it initially as a source 'cd
rom' image.

Recently, I decided to re-jigdo the disk, from fresher snapshot
sources, and used apt-cdrom to add this new DVD as a source image. This
part went well. However, I wanted also to redo my apt-file database and
can't get past the part where apt-file asks for the DVD image, and
promptly spits out that it can't find the Packages.gz file.

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.