Increasing videoRam beyond the one in the video card

Hi,

I'd like to know if there's a way to increase the video memory, beyond
the one included in the video card, using the main memory ram.  I
thought I could use videoRam with xorg.conf, but I couldn't, and when
I read the man page, it seems that one can't use it for that purpose.
I think one possibility is to provide a boot parameter or something so
that we can borrow ram from main memory to video, or maybe that can be
done instead with some Xorg configuration applying only for X of
course.

I'd like to see if I have a possibility with any ony of the ways (if
this can be managed at boot by the kernel, that'd be great).  So
please provide any suggestions you can come up with.

Thanks,

--
Javier