Re: [deb-user] startup strangeness

On 7/18/06, David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:
On Tuesday 18 July 2006 18:47, Greg Folkert wrote:
> > These seem totally unrelated, but they started with the exact same boot:
> >
> > 1) double Jack connection kits on startup- one seems to be well before
> > the other, so maybe a link is being visited twice?
>
> Never used jack, sorry can't help you.

I never got jack to behave on startup but since many apps cannot use it and it
ties up the alsa ports these apps can use, I would prefer NOT to do this.

One can:
1. Have qjackctl in your session and start jack when you need it.
or
2. Place the appropriate environment variables for auto-start when an app
demands it. I do not have it handy but search the linux-audio list--loads of
references to doing this.

There is an option in Jack to start when an audio app starts.
But the problem is that it is starting now and I want to control its
starting... and I have no idea where to look.  I can check the
run-level script files, but there are quite a few and so far I can't
find any that contain the text "jack".
I also can't find any info on run-levels other than 0-shutdown,
1-single-user (root), and 6-reboot.
Thanks for your suggestions, I agree with them but I don't know how to
do them.  Anyone?

-Chuckk

--
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."