Re: [deb-user] startup strangeness

On Tuesday 18 July 2006 18:47, Greg Folkert wrote:
> > These seem totally unrelated, but they started with the exact same boot:
> >
> > 1) double Jack connection kits on startup- one seems to be well before
> > the other, so maybe a link is being visited twice?
>
> Never used jack, sorry can't help you.

I never got jack to behave on startup but since many apps cannot use it and it
ties up the alsa ports these apps can use, I would prefer NOT to do this.

One can:
1. Have qjackctl in your session and start jack when you need it.
or
2. Place the appropriate environment variables for auto-start when an app
demands it. I do not have it handy but search the linux-audio list--loads of
references to doing this.