Re: Chatting with Debian GNU/Linux

At 1153225783 past the epoch, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> But, suppose I want to enter a chatroom that already
> exists: that's what I mean and don't know how to do.
> Sorry, but, as I said, I've never chatted before.

The model of joining existing chatrooms is more like
Internet Relay Chat (IRC) than Instant Messaging (IM). For
example, try installing xchat and when the Networks window
appears, select the default 'Debian Servers'. You'll be
plonked onto the "Open and Free Technology Community" (OFTC)
network and into the debian channel (denoted with a hash,
#debian).

(gaim can also do IRC out-of-the-box but is not as well
suited to it, imho)

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/