Re: Sony digital camera

Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> On Sunday 16 July 2006 20:08, Ron Johnson wrote:
>> Bruno Costacurta wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm considering buying a Sony digital camera (precisely a model
>>> Cybershot) and would like to receive your experiences or problems, and
>>> also useful programs about its connectivity to a Debian (etch release)
>>> via USB.
>> Do you run GNOME or KDE, or one of the lighter WMs?
>>
>> Also, look at:
>> http://www.gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php
>> http://www.teaser.fr/~hfiguiere/linux/digicam.html
>>
>> Most any camera will either present itself as mass storage or use
>> the PTP protocol.  Sony seems to offer both.
>>
>> GNOME has a feature that it detects when you plug in a camera and
>> turn it on.  Then it pops up a window asking if you want to import
>> the pictures.  In 2.14, it also detects when you insert SD cards
>> with images on them.
>>

> Hi Ron,
> I'm using KDE.

$ apt-cache show digikam
[snip]
 Digikam is an easy to use and powerful digital photo management
 application, which makes importing, organizing and manipulating,
 tagging and searching digital photos a "snap".  An easy to use
 interface is provided to connect to your digital camera, preview
 the images and download and/or delete them.
 .
 Digikams builtin image editor makes common photo corrections
 a simple task.  It is extensible via the plugins provided by the
 digikamimageplugins package.
 .
 Digikam can also make use of the KIPI image handling plugins to
 extend it's capabilities even further for photo manipulations,
 im- and export, etc.  The kipi-plugins package contains many
 very useful extensions.

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA