How do I turn on LVM on RAID in 32-bit etch?

A fresh install from the debian-testing-i386-netinst
CD, donloaded 2006 07 15, on partition /dev/hda2 on my AMD64 box.
It now dual-boots 32-bit or 64-bit etch.

I don't remember any such problems when I installed the 64-bit system.
But that was months ago and my memory may be shaky.

However, on my 64-bit system, it recognises my LVM partitions on my
RAID, and on ny 32-bit system, it does not.

When I ask the 32-but system to mount one of the LVs, it just
complains that it can't find the special device /dev/VG2/LV1
The 64-bit system just goes ahead and mounts it.

What packages/modules do I have to install/configure/modprobe or
whatever to get the 32-bit system to recognise this stuff.

I don't remember any such problems when I installed the 64-bit system.
But that was months ago and my memory may be shaky.

-- hendrik