Re: Shutdown my Laptop? Why should I?

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 10:51:03PM -0500, Jay C Vollmer wrote:
> On Thursday 13 July 2006 21:24, Carl Fink wrote:
>
> > I'm not an electrochemist, but modern Li-ion batteries don't develop
> > memory, they just lose capacity each time they're charged.
>
> Isn't what you're describing 'memory?'

No.

A NiCad battery has true memory.  If you discharge it 35% then recharge it,
it tends to be only 35% of capacity ever after.  With Li-Ion batteries, if
you discharge it 35% and recharge it, it might lose (WAG) 1% of its
capacity.
--
Carl Fink                                 carl@finknetwork.com
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.