Re: debian-user: Firewire?

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 02:21:11AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> > Try searching the kernel config file under boot for IEEE1394 options:
> >
> > ==========
> >
> > kvaughan:~# grep IEEE1394 /boot/config-2.6.16
> > CONFIG_IEEE1394=m
> > # CONFIG_IEEE1394_VERBOSEDEBUG is not set
> > # CONFIG_IEEE1394_OUI_DB is not set
> > # CONFIG_IEEE1394_EXTRA_CONFIG_ROMS is not set
> > # CONFIG_IEEE1394_EXPORT_FULL_API is not set
> > CONFIG_IEEE1394_OHCI1394=m
> > CONFIG_IEEE1394_VIDEO1394=m
> > # CONFIG_IEEE1394_SBP2 is not set
> > # CONFIG_IEEE1394_ETH1394 is not set
> > CONFIG_IEEE1394_DV1394=m
> > CONFIG_IEEE1394_RAWIO=m
>
> I'm truly stunned that SBP2 is not "m".
>
> - --
> Ron Johnson, Jr.

Well, careful what you do 'till you recover.  ;-)

I don't know what option that is, Ron.  IIRC, I followed the recs. from
a site on the (certainly minimum) kernel option choices needed to get
the video with kino working.  Perhaps that was on the list and I missed
it (unlikely), or it's new since then...

Kino still works.

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,