Re: debian-user: Firewire?

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 08:27:32PM -0400, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

> >Compiling a kernel is *not* "programming". It does, though, take a
> >bit of geek knowledge.
> >
> >What kernel are you running?  If a stock Debian binary kernel, then
> >the work has probably been already done for you.
>
> AGNULA/DeMudi 2.6.12
> It doesn't offer me any sort of option to use firewire in the
> Networking panel.  Modem, Ethernet, Wireless, Parallel Line, and
> Infrared.
> Didn't there used to be a find option in the Debian File Browser?
> This is just one of those things I can't think of any possible reason
> not to include, but it's not there.  And the Help file for File
> Browser is not found.  Maybe I should toss AGNULA and just install
> Debian like I did before.

Try searching the kernel config file under boot for IEEE1394 options:

==========

kvaughan:~# grep IEEE1394 /boot/config-2.6.16
CONFIG_IEEE1394=m
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_VERBOSEDEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_OUI_DB is not set
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_EXTRA_CONFIG_ROMS is not set
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_EXPORT_FULL_API is not set
CONFIG_IEEE1394_OHCI1394=m
CONFIG_IEEE1394_VIDEO1394=m
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_SBP2 is not set
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_ETH1394 is not set
CONFIG_IEEE1394_DV1394=m
CONFIG_IEEE1394_RAWIO=m

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,