Re: debian-user: Firewire?

On 7/14/06, Kenward Vaughan <kay_jay@earthlink.net> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 08:27:32PM -0400, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

> AGNULA/DeMudi 2.6.12
> It doesn't offer me any sort of option to use firewire in the
> Networking panel.  Modem, Ethernet, Wireless, Parallel Line, and
> Infrared.
> Didn't there used to be a find option in the Debian File Browser?
> This is just one of those things I can't think of any possible reason
> not to include, but it's not there.  And the Help file for File
> Browser is not found.  Maybe I should toss AGNULA and just install
> Debian like I did before.

Try searching the kernel config file under boot for IEEE1394 options:

==========

kvaughan:~# grep IEEE1394 /boot/config-2.6.16
CONFIG_IEEE1394=m
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_VERBOSEDEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_OUI_DB is not set
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_EXTRA_CONFIG_ROMS is not set
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_EXPORT_FULL_API is not set
CONFIG_IEEE1394_OHCI1394=m
CONFIG_IEEE1394_VIDEO1394=m
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_SBP2 is not set
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_ETH1394 is not set
CONFIG_IEEE1394_DV1394=m
CONFIG_IEEE1394_RAWIO=m

==========

Hey, thanks for this, Kenward.  It took me a few days to figure this
out.  I've solved a few bugs since then, still have a few to go.
I get:

===============
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_VERBOSEDEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_OUI_DB is not set
CONFIG_IEEE1394_EXTRA_CONFIG_ROMS=y
CONFIG_IEEE1394_CONFIG_ROM_IP1394=y
CONFIG_IEEE1394_PCILYNX=m
CONFIG_IEEE1394_OHCI1394=m
CONFIG_IEEE1394_VIDEO1394=m
CONFIG_IEEE1394_SBP2=m
# CONFIG_IEEE1394_SBP2_PHYS_DMA is not set
CONFIG_IEEE1394_ETH1394=m
CONFIG_IEEE1394_DV1394=m
CONFIG_IEEE1394_RAWIO=m
CONFIG_IEEE1394_CMP=m
CONFIG_IEEE1394_AMDTP=m

I know Linux sees my FW port, and knows it's part of the Audigy, but
I'm not sure how to get it to look for a Mac at the other end...

Thanks for your help.
-Chuckk