Re: Problem with screen resolution being to high after install...

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 12:45:29PM -0700, Redefined Horizons wrote:
> Thanks Andrew.

you're welcome. please don't top-post, it makes conversations hard to follow...

> Where do I find the supported screen resolutions for my monitor? Is
> that something Linux can detect, or do I need to try and dig up the
> monitor manual?

sometimes linux can detect it, but I always just google the monitor's
model number and the word specifications. the results I need are
usually on the first page. you can generally get not only supported
resolutions, but horiz and vert refresh rates and so forth.

enjoy.