Re: Why?

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 01:29:35PM -0500, John Hasler wrote:

snip...
> The reason is that there is no reason to change.  One or the other has to
> be the default: should we toss a coin?
> --
> John Hasler

The default could be to have the display manager, on initial startup, get
a random number from /dev/random, and use it instead of a human coin toss.
Then we could argue about whether we should a fair (50-50 coin) or a
weighted coin, and what the weighting should be ;-).

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net