Re: kernel 2.6.17 and Realtime-lsm-source

John O'Hagan wrote:
May I suggest simply typing m-a in a terminal, which should give you a menu-based front-end for module-assistant. Using this you can easily go through the steps required for building and installing the module.

Otherwise, the procedure is:

#m-a update

which checks which module packages are already on your system; and

#m-a a-i realtime-lsm

(auto-install) which ensures you have the kernel headers and other necessary packages installed, downloads the module source if needed, then builds and installs it. Simple as that!

One little quirk I've noticed on my system is that a freshly-built realtime module won't load at first until I reboot. It's fine after that.

HTH,

John

Are you sure that will build against a stock Debian 2.6.17-1-686 kernel? I get errors with module-assistant saying that support for realtime-lsm as a kernel module is not supported by the current kernel.

I've guessed that I need to set:

CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES=m

(setting for stock 2.6.17-1-686 is CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES=y)

and build a custom kernel, boot into it then run module-assistant to build the realtime-lsm module?

Arthur.