Re: kernel 2.6.17 and Realtime-lsm-source

On Friday 14 July 2006 00:32, Arthur Marsh wrote:
> John O'Hagan wrote:
>

> >[...]
>>#m-a a-i realtime-lsm
>>
> > (auto-install) which ensures you have the kernel headers and other
> > necessary packages installed, downloads the module source if needed, then
> > builds and installs it. Simple as that!
> >[...]

> Are you sure that will build against a stock Debian 2.6.17-1-686 kernel?
> I get errors with module-assistant saying that support for realtime-lsm
> as a kernel module is not supported by the current kernel.
>
> I've guessed that I need to set:
>
> CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES=m
>
> (setting for stock 2.6.17-1-686 is CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES=y)
>
> and build a custom kernel, boot into it then run module-assistant to
> build the realtime-lsm module?

Yes, you are correct; I'd forgotten about that part as I've been using that
config for a while.

Here's a link to a how-to on the Agnula site which includes use of the
realtime module and the necessary config.

http://demudi.agnula.org/wiki/Low-latencyKernelBuildingHowto

John