Re: Broken applications: Could we be honest?

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 01:17:29PM -0600, Art Edwards wrote:
> Thanks for the resonse. See below.
> On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 09:36:25AM -0700, Christopher Nelson wrote:
> >
> > I don't see any bug reports with greater severity than normal on
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=ddd
> > and none of them are by you.  Do you have it verifiably failing?  Have
> > you considered filing a bug?
> These bugs are not a debian issue. The packages fail exactly the same way
> under Fedora Core 5 (but not Fedora Core 4). They even fail when built from sources.

Then does upstream know?  And if it's not working on amd64, the debian
folks need to know, even if it's not their issue, because it could be
cause to hold it back from etch (to prevent people from having this
issue when they expect a stable release) if it's not fixed in time.  I'd
report it anyway.

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
A commune is where people join together to share their lack of wealth.