Re: Please clarify correct sid packages for 2.6.16 and for 2.6.17?

George Borisov wrote:
RParr wrote:

Could someone please clarify which is the correct set of Debian sid
packages to install for the following two situations:

1) install/update kernel 2.6.16, headers, etc.

2) install/update kernel 2.6.17, headers, etc.

What processor have you got?

Dual Opteron;  that's why I originally installed the linux*-amd64-k8 versions.

I believe the kernel folks have also been shuffling around the naming for AMD vs Intel 64 versions a bit. Another aspect of the "which packages" questions.

R.Parr, RHCE, Temporal Arts