Re: Please clarify correct sid packages for 2.6.16 and for 2.6.17?

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:25:37 -0700
RParr <RParr@TemporalArts.COM> wrote:

> George Borisov wrote:RParr wrote:
>   Could someone please clarify which is the correct set of Debian sid
> packages to install for the following two situations:
>
> 1) install/update kernel 2.6.16, headers, etc.
>
> 2) install/update kernel 2.6.17, headers, etc.
>
> What processor have you got?
>
> Dual Opteron;  that's why I originally installed the linux*-amd64-k8

You need a smp kernel. If it were me, I would remove all but the latest
working kernel then install the smp kernel.
The 'linux-image-amd64-k8-smp' will install the latest 2.6 kernel for
amd64, same for headers. For unstable it looks like 2.6.17 is the kernel
that gets installed.

snip

--
Greg Madden