Re: No sound on flash movies

Jochen Schulz wrote:
Wulfy:
Jochen Schulz wrote:
Iván Alemán:
While a flash movie loads very well on firefox, I can't get any sound,
I solved this problem a few days ago by editing /etc/firefox/firefoxrc.
Since I am not using a sound daemon (I don't use Gnome or KDE), I put
"aoss" in there.
I have the same problem. I use KDE. What should I put in there? I tried "aoss", "artsd" and "alsa" but they don't work...

For "aoss" to work, you need to have alsa-oss installed (and use Alsa,
obviously). Maybe that's missing. I don't know whether KDE still uses a
sound daemon.

J.
I have these installed:

Yewdales-lodge:~# dpkg -l alsa*
||/ Name                   Version                Description
+++-======================-======================-============================================================
ii alsa-base 1.0.8-7 ALSA driver configuration files ii alsa-oss 1.0.8-1 ALSA wrapper for OSS applications
ii  alsa-utils             1.0.8-4                ALSA utilities
ii alsamixergui 0.9.0rc2-1-7 graphical soundcard mixer for ALSA soundcard driver ii libwine-alsa 0.9.7-0bpo1 Windows API Implementation (ALSA Sound Module)

As I use the 2.6 kernel, I don't need the -modules, I don't think.

I think KDE uses the artsd sound daemon.

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.