Re: No sound on flash movies

Yes, you're right in order to use "aoss" you need to be using alsa,
follow the intructions here:

On 7/12/06, Jochen Schulz <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:
Wulfy:
> Jochen Schulz wrote:
>> Iván Alemán:
>>
>>> While a flash movie loads very well on firefox, I can't get any sound,
>>
>> I solved this problem a few days ago by editing /etc/firefox/firefoxrc.
>> Since I am not using a sound daemon (I don't use Gnome or KDE), I put
>> "aoss" in there.
>
> I have the same problem. I use KDE.  What should I put in there?  I
> tried "aoss", "artsd" and "alsa" but they don't work...

For "aoss" to work, you need to have alsa-oss installed (and use Alsa,
obviously). Maybe that's missing. I don't know whether KDE still uses a
sound daemon.

J.
--
I can tell a Whopper[tm] from a BigMac[tm] and Coke[tm] from Pepsi[tm].
[Agree]   [Disagree]

--
Iván Alemán ~ [[ m o f o ]] ~
Debian (SID)