Re: Update all the packages that depend on a particular package

On Thursday 06 July 2006 16:23, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> > On Thursday 06 July 2006 13:27, Wackojacko wrote:
> >> apt-get install privoxy ??
> >
> > This will upgrade the dependencies only if privoxy requires so. But I
> > want to upgrade the dependencies whenever I upgrade the privoxy no matter
> > whether it requires it or not.
>
> Out of curiosity, why?

While compiling privoxy from source, I was hitting an FTBFS bug (
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=375038 ) if I use the
dpkg-buildpackage way whereas it compiles fine if I use the pbuilder way. The
maintainer of privoxy is unable to reproduce this. So it is something with my
system. Then I thought let me just upgrade all the packages that privoxy
depends (directly or indirectly). You know the rest of the story!

raju

--
This email account uses challenge-response system.
Contact me only if you are comfortable with it.