Re: Update all the packages that depend on a particular package

On Thursday 06 July 2006 13:27, Wackojacko wrote:

> apt-get install privoxy ??

This will upgrade the dependencies only if privoxy requires so. But I want to
upgrade the dependencies whenever I upgrade the privoxy no matter whether it
requires it or not.

Perhaps privoxy is not such a good example. Consider the metapackage kde.
Initially if I say

apt-get install kde

it will also pull say konqueror package. Now after some time, konqueror
package gets upgraded and kde is not upgraded. Now if I do

apt-get install kde

then konqueror is not upgraded. I want the upgrade of konqueror to be
automatic whenever kde is upgraded

Anyway, I was browsing the BTS and found

Those bugs were reported around 5 years ago! So probably there is no way to do
this by default with apt-get.

raju

--
This email account uses challenge-response system.
Contact me only if you are comfortable with it.