Re: securing an Ubuntu box in a shared office?

On Thursday 06 July 2006 16:58, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

> 1. Please be a man (or a woman or whatever gender you choose) and
> actually post from a real email address with a real name.

and get spammed like crazy :-)

My personal experience is that if you use a real email address to subscribe to
d-u, you are doomed. Your email address is available in the archives and the
spammers will be more than happy to send you "billions of dollars" you won
through "lottery" or "inherited" or given by a patient dying from "prostate
and esophageal Cancer" after confirming your "Paypal", "eBay" and "Bank
accounts". The money can then be used to purchase "software", "stocks", "V I
A G R A" or to go for "pe***s enlargement operations" which will be helpful
when you "find that special someone".

Just kidding did not mean to offend anyone...

raju

--
This email account uses challenge-response system.
Contact me only if you are comfortable with it.