Re: Update all the packages that depend on a particular package

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
On Thursday 06 July 2006 13:10, Alec Berryman wrote:
Kamaraju Kusumanchi on 2006-07-06 13:07:41 -0400:
Now whenever I am upgrading privoxy, I would like apt-get (or aptitude or
whatever other software) to check if there any newer versions of the
dependencies and update those as well. Is this possible? If so, How?
'apt-get upgrade' and 'apt-get dist-upgrade' do that automatically.

Nope. apt-get upgrade or dist-upgrade wants to upgrade a slew of other packages besides what I want. I dont want to upgrade the entire system. I just want to upgrade privoxy and its dependencies.

raju

apt-get install privoxy ??

Wackojacko