What's wrong with this kernel config?

Hi,

I must be missing something. The standard Sarge 2.6.8.2 kernel with
initrd boots fine on this ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard with a single
500GB IDE Hard drive as /dev/hda, but the config I made for 2.6.17.3
kernel panics at the point where it is looking for the hard disk (which
it cannot find). I checked every option involving IDE or ATA that I
could think of and am missing the problem. Can someone take a look at
this config:

http://sharealike.org/config-2.6.17.3

Let me know if someone else sees why this config cannot find the disk.

Thanks,
Brian