Re: xmgrace partly broken under debian

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 11:15:19AM -0600, edwardsa wrote:
> I'm running amd64 debian. Xmgrace does not allow me to enter text in the
> Filter area of the Read sets window. This is true under both KDE and
> gnome. Because I have not updated xmgrace in a very long time, and
> because it has been working well for as long as I have had it (many
> years), this seems to be a Debian issue.

How long have you had the problem?  Sounds recent.  Stable, testing, or
unstable?  If it's the latter two, (are the stable amd64 repositories?),
it's quite possible that something xmgrace depends on has changed
recently, and that's causing the problem--especially for a 'many years'
old version of an application.  If that's indeed the problem, any
sufficiently advanced distribution has/will soon have the same issue.
It might be worth checking to see if the 2004 version is recent enough?

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
You'll feel devilish tonight.  Toss dynamite caps under a flamenco dancer's