Re: cannot install aptitude: Broken packages

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 10:24:22PM -0400, Chase James wrote:
> Would changing all mentions of woody to sarge in my apt/sources.list then
> doing a dist-upgrade fix the problem:

>   aptitude: Depends: libapt-pkg-libc6.2-3-2-3.2
> E: Broken packages
>
> I know the Release Notes say to use aptitude, but could I just use apt-get
> instead? Could my package system unbreak itself if I just dist-upgraded to
> sarge with apt-get?

Just out of curiosity, what does it say when you
'apt-get install libapt-pkg-libc6'?

I couldn't find that package mentioned on pacakges.debian.org ... odd.
What uri is your stable line(s) pointing to?

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
Weinberg's First Law: