Re: xine will not produce sound after i've run kmail

Le lundi 26 juin 2006 à 10:31 -0700, tom arnall a écrit :
> On Monday 26 June 2006 10:16 am, Steve Kemp wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 10:14:58AM -0700, tom arnall wrote:
> > > i find that xine will not produce sound after i've run kmail. Quitting
> > > kmail does not change this. In order to get sound again, I have to
> > > reboot.
> >
> >   I *guess* that running KMail has started a sound daemon which is
> >  stopping xine from opening the audio device.
> >
> >   Take a look to see if you have 'esd', 'arts', or similar running - if
> >  so either configure xine to use them, or kill them.
> >
> > Steve
>
> works. thanks.

Note that both these daemons can be configured with a timeout. So if you
chose to kill them, you can also have a look e.g. in the kde control
center to set the timeout for arts. I think I set it to 5 second, and
I'm satisfied with this sort of settings.

Regards.