Re: xine will not produce sound after i've run kmail

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 10:14:58AM -0700, tom arnall wrote:

> i find that xine will not produce sound after i've run kmail. Quitting kmail
> does not change this. In order to get sound again, I have to reboot.

  I *guess* that running KMail has started a sound daemon which is
 stopping xine from opening the audio device.

  Take a look to see if you have 'esd', 'arts', or similar running - if
 so either configure xine to use them, or kill them.

Steve
--
Debian GNU/Linux System Administration
http://www.debian-administration.org/