Re: [testing] HELP - lost X

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 09:55:11 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 11:11:26PM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> >
> > You can get a list of your installed unofficial packages with
> >
> > aptitude search '~i!~Odebian'
> >

> huh. that shows me a huge list of packages, including ones I KNOW came
> from debian. Does it also list packages that have been replaced? for
> example, i've got a couple gstreamer0.8's showing up and I'm assuning
> .8 is gone (sid). But I know those originally came from an official
> debian repo. /me wanders off to read man aptitude.

I think it will list everything which is not currently in any of the
Debian archives in your sources.list. This includes obsolete packages. I
use it to trim the cruft from my system from time to time, mostly old
libraries which were not marked "auto" because I installed them before I
started using aptitude.

--
Regards,
          Florian