Re: HP Printer and Pre-Rendering

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 10:23:13AM -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> > My girlfriend uses Debian (on my recommendation, though I use
> > Fedora Core), and we've hit a little snag. It turns out that
> > for some of the applications, her HP printer prints raw PostScript.

This is likely a CUPS configuration problem.  It must not be correctly
recognizing that it was given a postscript file (probably due to PJL stuff
in the header, or somesuch).

If it is a CUPS-CUPS printing bridge over IPP (which it will be, unless you
took a lot of pain to tell CUPS otherwise), the problem may be on either
machine.

> > Would someone please give us a little help with this?
>
> There is a debian-printing mailing list.

Which is not for end-user help, but rather for dealing directly with package
development, bugs, and coordination between the different packages that are
related to printing in Debian.

THIS is the correct mailing-list to get end-user help on printing in Debian.

  Henrique Holschuh