Re: gnome-panel disappeared

Liam O'Toole wrote:

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 16:55:51 -0500
Russ Cook <russcook@mbo.net> wrote:

After a recent upgrade, dselect seems to have removed my
gnome-panel.  I have gone back to
dselect and installed gnome-panel (2.14.2-1), but it does not appear
on my screen at bootup.
Without it, I can't launch a terminal, or any other apps.  Can
someone tell me how to get
the gnome-panel back on my desktop?

ctrl-alt-f1 to switch to a virtual console
log on
run 'env DISPLAY=:0 gnome-panel'
logoff
ctrl-alt-f7 to switch back
save your session when logging out of GNOME

Thank you. I thought I had reinstalled gnome-panel, but there was a broken dependency on
gnome-panel-data.  It is installed now, and working.  Thanks again.