Problems mirroring debian-multimedia

I am repeating this issue to give it it's own subject line and thread.

Since the change from marillat to debian-multimedia I have not yet found a satisfactory way of mirroring debian-multimedia. The site does not seem to offer anonymous rsync or ftp, and wget and debmirror don't work as I expect them to.

With debmirror:

  debmirror --root=/ -d sarge -a i386 -e http \
  --ignore-release-gpg \--ignore-missing-release --ignore-small-errors \
  -p -v --debug --getcontents -h www.debian-multimedia.org  \
  /mirror

The results include the following:
Ignoring missing Release file for dists/main/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
dists/main/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz needs fetch
http://www.debian-multimedia.org///dists/main/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz => Getting: dists/main/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz... 404 Not Found
dists/main/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz failed 404 Not Found
dists/main/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz failed md5sum check, removing

Some directories are created but no files are downloaded.

With wget:

  wget -mirror www.debian-multimedia.org -nH -P /mirror

This fails to download the pool directory, which contains all the packages.
In addition, I haven't found a way to exclude non-i386 files, or automatically delete files not in the archive. In this sense, wget's mirror option seems like
a misnomer.

I also have a pre-existing issue in that I have not found a way to validate the files, since the archive has no indices file, and the last time I checked sarge did not support gpg validation.

Thanks for any suggestions.