Re: customizing scripts /etc/init.d

cga2000 wrote:
> Is there a "Debian way" to modify startup scripts?  Changes might
> include: deactivating automatic startup of a given daemon.. changing the
> daemon's running options.. adding a new script.. etc.
>
> Additionally, is the debian bootup process documented anywhere?
>
> Thanks,
>
> cga

cga,
I thin you're looking for something like rcconf[1].

Regards,
Fabian

[1]
pera@metis:~$ apt-cache show rcconf
Package: rcconf
Section: admin
Installed-Size: 112
Maintainer: Atsushi KAMOSHIDA <kamop@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 1.12
Depends: whiptail | whiptail-provider | dialog, sysv-rc, perl, perl-modules
Conflicts: file-rc
Filename: pool/main/r/rcconf/rcconf_1.12_all.deb
Size: 17460
MD5sum: 04ca4de26f8462a85bd11b01ccf7b4d5
 This tool configures system services in connection with system
 runlevels.  It turns on/off services using the scripts in
 /etc/init.d/.  Rcconf works with System-V style runlevel configuration.
 It is a TUI(Text User Interface) frontend to the update-rc.d command.