Re: does this /etc/apt/sources.list look okay?

Default User wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. Btw, I noticed you have
> http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
> in your /etc/apt/sources.list file.
> Would ftp://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free work
> just as well?
>
> Not to start a techno flame war, but what is better, ftp or http?

Although I noticed this posting yesterday, I did not respond because I
don't know the answer, and so I waited for someone else to provide the
answer. But they can't do that, because as I noticed this morning, you
replied privately to me rather than publicly to the list.

As a general rule, private replies are discouraged on this list for
several reasons, one of them being just this issue that I described:
sometimes the person to whom you're replying doesn't have an answer,
whereas someone else on the list may. Another big reason for replying to
the list is so that others seeking the same information can see the
dialog. A third reason for replying to the list is so that the
conversation will be archived for future needs.

So I've re-routed this reply to the list; hopefully someone can answer
your question.

--
Kent