Netboot's vmlinuz for installer-i386 (Was: where is vmlinuz for netboot?

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, I wrote about my uncertainty about vmlinuz:

> There are cd-rom and hd-media vmlinuz's but no netboot ones.
> Should I actually be choosing the hd-media vmlinuz and initrd.gz,
> rather than the netboot ones?

Checking this a bit more, I see that for installer-powerpc
netboot and netboot-minimal have vmlinuz (or vmlinux). Why is it
that for i386, on the other hand, there is no netboot vmlinuz?

I think I am missing some knowledge that is assumed here.

--
Dr Bean                          The best jokes are
                                 those you play on