Re: XMMS can no longer play CDs [solved]

Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk> writes:

> On 15.06.06 17:40, Bill Wohler wrote:
>> As of the last update or two ago (etch), XMMS no longer plays CDs.
>
> It seems that you should add not /dev/cdrom, but the /cdrom/. The cd audio
> player will substitute /cdrom/ for /dev/cdrom.

Actually, it's weirder than that. The XMMS preferences for the CD
specify a mount point of /media/cdrom0. If I enter a location of
/media and *double-click* the cdrom0 item in the directory list, I get
a list of tracks in the file list. These I can select, play, or add to
the playlist. I couldn't find any keyboard way to select the cdrom0
item and show the tracks.

Now that I'm able to play a CD, I find that XMMS crashes after 2
minutes of play. Oh well.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.