Re: Etch upgrade breaks WP8 [SOLVED]

On 6/8/06, I <pwiseman@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello:

I don't know if it's a permanent break, but WP8 (that's the UN*X version of WordPerfect) throws a 'Floating point exception' after a current Etch upgrade.

(Later, it started segfaulting instead.)

After much hair-tearing (which I can ill afford) I finally figured out (using strace) that WP8 was segfaulting when it couldn't find locale.alias or locale.dir, which it was looking for in  /usr/i486-linuxlibc1/lib/X11/locale/.  That directory, it turns out, was symlinked to a no-longer-existent directory.  I replaced the symlink with a link to /usr/share/X11/locale/ and WP8 works again.  (I also corrected a broken link to app-defaults in the same directory.)

Patrick