Re: xorg 7 and ATI proprietary driver (fglrx)

thanks, seems like changing kernel config helped, still no cigar though, xorg log says:

(II) fglrx(0): DRI initialization successfull!

  and lsmod confirms that fglrx is loaded

  but then fglrxinfo says:

display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
OpenGL version string: 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.4.1)

despite the fact the ldd confirms that /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 is used which is a diversion by fglrx-driver to: /usr/lib/fglrx/diversions/libGL.so.1

and the openGL programs are slow so I'm pretty sure software rendering is used.

any ideas where to go from here? Would you (or somebody else) mind posting relevant parts of xorg.conf (and perhaps kernel but I guess I have that part working since the kernel module is loaded)

  TIA

	erik