Re: sid kde printing and cups setup

On Sunday 18 June 2006 13:13, Roger Leigh wrote:
> mlaks <mlaks@verizon.net> writes:
> > Up to date SID!
> >
> > 1) kde printing system will not talk to cups. Any ideas on that?
>
> It Works For Me.  Can you use cups normally from the command-line?
>
> i.e. 'lpstat -a' shows a complete list of printers, and 'lpr -P

I had made a complete mush of the configuration
files and as a result when invoked locally
lpstat -a
listed 4 different printers referring to the same one.

while from the network
lpstat -a
gave me error messages.

Now that I have installed your files it works fine.

Thank you very much Roger!

Now all I need to do is get emacs working again.

My emacs fonts under x are borked.

The x fonts in emacs have been borked and when i run emacs while running x all
i get is square boxes. On the other hand from a tty emacs works fine.

xemacs is ok, zile is ok. just emacs is broken.

Mitchell