Re: [UNVERIFIED SENDER] Re: can't boot win2k after re-installing sarge
- To: debian users <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [UNVERIFIED SENDER] Re: can't boot win2k after re-installing sarge
- From: Kent West <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 08:33:15 -0500
- Message-id: <[🔎] 4494049B.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
Serena Cantor wrote:
> Sorry for replying so late. I'm not taking you advice.
> I decide to install win98 over win2k for other
Eek! Win98?! <shudder> ;-)
> I wish I could find out the reason why grub
> fails. I study Linux+winnt howto, didn't find much
> useful info. My hard disk is quite small, 10GB only,
> so it can't afford many partitions (/boot, /usr,
Ah, yes; a smallish drive like that does make multiple partitions more
of an issue.
> I assume you can find out which word I say
> is in reply to which word you say.
> Thanks anyway!
> PS: My memory is poor, now I think fdisk/mbr just
> clear mbr, the result is neither dos/windows nor linux
> can boot.