Re: DRI Broken On Recent Sid

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:56:57 +0300
David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:

> Works just fine, for what it is worth.

After changing xorg.conf to default to 16 bit color depth, googleearth
does run. A bit slowly, but then I only have an Athlon Tbird.

Running apt-cache policy on 'xlibmesa-dri' suggests there is a nwe
version of that available. I'm currently running etch, and the system
as a whole is up to date (may be a week out of date only) and I
regularly aptitude update && aptitude upgrade, but my current
xlibmesa-dri is 6.9.dfsg.1 and Xorg is at 6.9 - not yet up to date.

I wonder if upgrading to the latest Xorg will help - apparently the
driver (matrox g450) is unable to run at 32 bit depth currently. But 16
is doable (w/google earth) and DRI works well enough at 24 bit depth,
with the exception of google earth, which seems to want 16 or 32, but
not 24.

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.