Re: Wacom Mouse Saga - Yahoo! & Thanks

I added wacom in the module section but this did nothing (lsmod always
showed the module loaded).

I changed from /dev/input/event0 to /dev/input/wacom and the mouse
worked!  I knew there was an entry wacom in /dev/input but it is a soft
link to event2 so I never thought to try it.
fine to know that it helped...

The bad news is that I have not been able to solve your problem.  In
fact I discovered a very strange thing.  The pad buttons and scroll
wheel did not work after the switch to /dev/input/wacom so I changed the
pad entry back to /dev/input/event0.  On restarting gdm the mouse did
not work.  I hurriedly changed the pad back to /dev/input/wacom and
restarted gdm.  The mouse no longer worked!  Further experimentation
showed that the mouse works if it is off the pad while gdm is restarted
and only placed on the pad after the login screen appears.  This is the
case regardless of whether the pad is set to /dev/input/wacom or
/dev/input/event0 and pad buttons and scroll wheel are dead in either
case.
strange. i dont' use any login manager so i cannot test it, but the behavior is weird.
but on the other hand, pad buttons are not that important for me...

I don't know what to make of all this.  Everything used to work
simaltaneously before I moved from Sarge to testing.
There is also a soft link in /dev/input from tablet-graphire4-4x5 to
event2.  This might be worth experimenting with.
i will check this out tomorrow.

with best regards,

--
Lubos