Re: Wacom Mouse Saga Continued

hi,

it seems that my wacom graphire4 works fine with both mouse and stylus on etch/xorg7/i386.

I continue to experiment trying to get the mouse on my Wacom Graphire4
tablet to work.  After my latest edit of xorg.conf I get the following
output from xidump -l:
Configured Mouse               disabled
Generic Keyboard               keyboard
stylus                         extension
eraser                         extension
cursor                         extension
pad                            extension
$ xidump -l
pad                            extension
cursor                         extension
eraser                         extension
stylus                         extension
touchpad                       disabled
keyboard                       keyboard
i have touchpad, not classical mouse since this is a laptop.

As before the stylus moves the cursor but the mouse does not.  The mouse
buttons work as do the buttons and scroll wheel on the pad.  All these
things worked with the standard xorg.conf although with the standard
xorg.conf the output of xidump -l would be:
as i wrote above, i can control the cursor with both wacom mouse and wacom stylus (actually, the mouse comes from the graphire3 tablet, i got graphire4 without mouse). i have only one slight 'issue' - the scroll wheel behavior is reversed - but i changed the buttons mapping myself.

If anyone can suggest any further edits of xorg.conf I would be happy to
try them.  The current file is as follows:
relevant parts of my xorg.conf
Section "Module"
        Load    "wacom"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "keyboard"
        Driver          "kbd"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc104"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us,cz"
        Option          "XkbVariant"    ",qwerty"
#       Option          "XkbCompat"     "default+group_led"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "grp:alt_shift_toggle"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "compose:ralt"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "touchpad"
        Driver          "synaptics"
        Option          "CorePointer"
#       Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mouse0"
        Option          "Protocol"              "auto-dev"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "yes"
EndSection
# modification for wacom tablet support
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier   "stylus"
        Driver       "wacom"
        Option       "Type" "stylus"
        Option       "USB" "on"
        Option       "Suppress" "10"
        Option       "Threshold" "10"
        Option       "Device" "/dev/input/wacom"
        Option       "Mode" "absolute"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier   "eraser"
        Driver       "wacom"
        Option       "Type" "eraser"
        Option       "USB" "on"
        Option       "Threshold" "10"
        Option       "Device" "/dev/input/wacom"
        Option       "Mode" "relative"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier   "cursor"
        Driver       "wacom"
        Option       "Type"             "cursor"
        Option       "USB"              "on"
        Option       "Threshold"        "10"
        Option       "Device"           "/dev/input/wacom"
        Option       "Mode"             "relative"
        Option       "ZAxisMapping"     "4 5"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier "pad"
        Driver "wacom"
        Option "Device" "/dev/input/wacom"
        Option "Type" "pad"
        Option "USB" "on"
EndSection
# end of modification

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Default Layout"
        Screen          "screen"
        InputDevice     "keyboard"
        InputDevice     "touchpad"
        InputDevice     "stylus"    "SendCoreEvents"
        InputDevice     "eraser"    "SendCoreEvents"
        InputDevice     "cursor"    "SendCoreEvents"
        InputDevice     "pad"
EndSection

actually, for me, the buttons and scroll wheel on the pad do not work in xorg (they are however reported correctly by the wacdump). do you use some special additional settings to make the pad controls work in x/browser/whatever? your xorg is very similar to my setup.

regards,

--
Lubos
_@_"