Re: google earth and sid...

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:34:31 +0200
Nicoco Kinlidex <nicoco@nospam.net> wrote:

> hello
>
> i can't get the brand new google earth for linux (R) (C) (TM) working.
> installation is OK but i get this :

I get that if I try the Direct option. (basically a debug message that
originated from a sig11).

I'm running Etch though, but have a recent (if not the latest) xorg and
running kernel 2.15.1 (with the No Dma Init workaround in xorg.conf)
and DRI works - enough to run other DRI stuff like stellarium and
celestia, those being pretty much the only glx apps I run routinely
here, other than screensavers.

I'm also using a Matrox G450.

The upshot is either a) that the driver can't support 24 bit color
depth (google earth requires 32) and/or it requires more graphics ram
than I have (16 megs).

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.