Re: upgrade only if installed

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:08:15 -0400
Stephen R Laniel <steve@laniels.org> wrote:

> I'm pretty certain that you can't do 'apt-get upgrade
> [package]'; you can only do 'apt-get upgrade' -- the latter
> of which upgrades *all* packages on your machine. See the
> manpage for apt-get(8):

Whoops! You are correct Sir! I thought I had used "apt-get upgrade
<package>" in the past, but I just tested it and I am mistaken. Thanks
for the correction.

(Wasn't I complaining earlier today that users shouldn't need to read
the man page before upgrading in an Ubuntu thread? Note to self: Always
always always read the fine man-pages)

--
Bill Thompson
BillT@Mahagonny.com