Re: Problems with installing samba via apt-get.

Mattias,

Your mail client incorrectly claims that you are using iso-8859-1 as a
charset when your message is encoded in windows-1252.  Please fix this.

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 09:46:59PM +0200, Mattias Wiberg wrote:
> apt-get install samba

> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> samba is already the newest version.
> 2 not fully installed or removed.
> Need to get 0B of archives.
> After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
> Setting up samba (3.0.22-1) ...
> Starting Samba daemons: nmbd failed!
> invoke-rc.d: initscript samba, action "start" failed.
> dpkg: error processing samba (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1

Check /var/log/samba/log.nmbd, try to run "sh -x /etc/init.d/samba start" by
hand, check for other already-running nmbd processes on your system.

If you need additional help with this, please ask on debian-user.  If it
turns out to be a problem in the samba package they should be able to help
you submit a bug report for it as well -- though that seems unlikely.

> Debian r3.2 is installed on the machine

There is no such version of Debian.